Bike the Best of the Cabot Trail; then Hike, Kayak, Whale Watch
Date Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:00 am - Saturday, October 31, 2020 12:00 am
Bike the Best of the Cabot Trail
Five Day Cycling Package
Cycle the best of the Cabot Trail, then hike, sea kayak and whale watch.
Base yourself in comfort on the northern coast of the Cape Breton Island and bike the best routes in the Highlands National Park and the Cabot Trail. Spend two to three days cycling the challenging Cabot Trail. Ride the western and eastern coastlines of the National Park, then explore the roads heading north to quaint fishing communities, lighthouse ice cream stores and rocky coastlines. Let our guides help you choose the best routes for the day, with expert advice on how to get the most out of the Cape Breton weather. Join our Atlantic Fisheries half day cycling tour for an informative and hands on look at our local fishing community; check out lobster traps, climb a lighthouse and try some fresh oysters on the half shell. When not riding your bike, take our full day guided hike along old wilderness trails to remote coastal meadow, and spend a morning sea kayaking along salt marshes and barrier beaches, then take a whale watch from our northern most port and experience the all the sights of the National Park. Rentals, guides, shuttles and all necessary equipment included. Stay at Hideaway Campground’s historic Summerhouse, with harbour view www.campingcapebreton.com
- 2-3 self-guided cycling day trips on the northern half of the Cabot Trail, from a central base at the top of Cape Breton Island, bike rental for 3 days, one way shuttle service on the longest ride, all necessary equipment including auto rack
- Half day Guided Atlantic Fisheries Cycling Tour
- Half day Sea Kayak tour
- Full day Guided Hike
• A local’s know guide with maps and advice for self-guided exploration in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, finding best beaches, local seafood options and more
- A Whale Watching tour with Oshan Whale Watching www.oshan.com
- Oysters with Hideaway Campground and Oyster Market www.campingcapebreton.com
- Visit to the St Paul Island Lighthouse Museum
- Package Cost starts $765 ($440 for activities only package) per person plus tax, based on double occupancy.