Sea Harvest Festival
Date Sunday, July 8, 2018 12:00 am - Sunday, July 15, 2018 12:00 am
Come celebrate our culture in the week long Sea Harvest Festival with community events ranging from local musicians, guided tours and Cape Breton Seafood.
The Seawall Trail is a proposed, multi-day hiking trail along Northern Cape Breton’s Highland Coastline in the Pollets Cove-Aspy Fault Wilderness Area. The Trail Route, is as old as the Island and was once frequented by First Nations and featured several Gaelic communities. ?The current communities surrounding the Seawall Trail mirror the past and make their living upon the oceans, farmlands and highlands.
- Sunday July 8th: Hike The Trail Head, 11am, and Lobster Dinner noon Meat Cove
- Monday July 9th: Live Music at the Markland, Dingwall 7-9 pm. Speaker Series North Highland Community Museum 7:30-9pm
- Tuesday July 10th: Join local Derron O’Donnobhan at the Markland, 7-9pm (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Wednesday July 11th: Chase the Ace and Crib Tournament Bay St. Lawrence Community Centre at 6pm, Live Music, Markland 7-9pm,
- Thursday July 13th: Fish n’ Zips with Mountain Pine Adventures and Danena’s Bakery and Bistro, noon-5pm.
- Friday July 14th: Fill-in Friday – Kayaking, Dining, Whale Watching, Hiking, Free Musuem Entry.
- Saturday July 15th: Local Food and Music at the Farmers Market 10am-1pm.
- Sunday July 16th: Bay St. Lawrence Crab Fest. Noon to 4pm.